Course Failure

The student must make up a course for which a grade of “F” was received, either by retaking the course at Lakes Region Community College or by taking a comparable course at another institution.  Courses transferred from other institutions count towards credits only; the “F” remains as part of the CGPA.  Retaking a failed class will result in the “F” being replaced by the passing grade for the purpose of GPA calculation. The student should consult the advisor and department chairperson to determine if a course will transfer.  Course failures cannot be made up by taking a credit by examination.  See policy on credit by examination.