A student’s permanent home of record determines residency for tuition purposes.  Normally, this is the location (city, state) from which the student enrolls for college.  The determining factor is the official address listed on federal tax returns. 

Any request for a change of residency status must be received in writing in the Admissions Office prior to the first day of the term in which NH residency status for tuition purposes is requested.  See section 740.1 in the Student Affairs section of the Community College System of New Hampshire policy manual for full details.