The Toyota-Technician Education Network (T-TEN) is the result of a partnership between USA Toyota Motor Sales, the Northeast Region’s Toyota/Lexus dealerships and Lakes Region Community College. The T-TEN technician education program provides the best possible education for Toyota Lexus Technicians as it combines state of the art technical training on the latest Toyota and Lexus vehicles with appropriate academic course work and paid dealership experience. The T-TEN program fills an industry need for well-educated and motivated technicians with specific product knowledge immersed in Toyota Lexus culture of continuous improvement. Successful T-TEN students have developed the skills and attitudes that make them capable of continued growth in a technologically dynamic field. Graduates who complete the 22- month cooperative education Toyota Lexus technician education program will receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Automotive Technology and Toyota Lexus certifications in all areas.
Once you’ve enrolled in the program and secured a sponsoring dealer, you will divide your time between the classroom and dealership work experience. All tuition, fees, textbooks, tools, housing and travel expenses are the responsibility of the student. However, since you are paid for your work at your dealership, much of these costs will be offset.
The close working relationship established between the student and the sponsoring dealership coupled with the Toyota Lexus certifications ensure a rewarding career as a Toyota or Lexus technician at your sponsoring dealership. The AAS degree may open doors for future career growth in other areas of the industry including management at the dealership, manufacturer positions and teaching positions.
The Toyota/Lexus T-TEN program has a limited number of spaces. Students selected after careful consideration of their academic record, scores on the placement exam and an interview with the Toyota Lexus instructors and dealership personnel. The College’s rolling admissions policy does not apply to the T-TEN program. All candidates for this program must take the College’s placement exam and must secure a Toyota or Lexus dealer sponsor prior to an admissions decision.
A candidate for T-TEN must:
- have a high school degree or equivalent.
- interview with one of the T-TEN faculty.
- be sponsored by a Toyota or Lexus dealership.
- have command of the English language
- have reading comprehension skills sufficient to read and comprehend Toyota Service Information.
- have communication skills sufficient to prepare required reports.
- be able to understand and follow both written and oral instructions.
- be able to complete requirements for college level classes.
- have sufficient vision to distinguish colors, read gauges, scopes, diagnostic equipment and information from a computer screen (adaptive equipment acceptable).
- have sufficient hearing to distinguish various sounds and noises (adaptive equipment acceptable);
- have the ability to stand for extended periods of time and the physical strength to lift automotive parts and equipment.
- have sufficient dexterity to perform manual skills related to automotive service.
- be able to work in an automotive service facility environment.
- maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- be able to purchase the minimum required tools.
Students who complete the program will:
- have skills necessary to service and maintain Toyota and Lexus vehicles and the integrated systems used on these vehicles.
- have the skills necessary to diagnose and repair Toyota and Lexus vehicles and the integrated systems used on these vehicles.
- have the skills necessary to develop and maintain a training path for continued growth using Toyota Lexus University of Toyota.